Monday, October 5, 2009

Moon Handbooks Chile: We Have Two Winners!

By the time I arose and read by email this morning, my inbox already two correct answers to yesterday’s quiz, provided by Tyfannie Ammeter of Santiago (who has her own blog La Chilenguita) and Christian Mondorf (whose email address comes from Denmark but whose name sounds German to me). Both will be receiving a copy of the new third edition of Moon Handbooks Chile as soon as I can realistically get them in the mail.

For those of you who hadn’t figured out the answers: 1) The photograph destination is Chilean Patagonia's Parque Nacional Torres del Paine (including the Cuernos del Paine or Horns of Paine, pictured here from a different perspective); 2) the animal in question is a guanaco, a wild relative of the domestic llama and alpaca that is abundant in the park, and now tame enough to be easily photographed. It’s one of the big successes of Chilean conservation.

I’m due to return to Chile at the end of the month, when I will pick up my car and head across the border to prepare the new edition of Moon Handbooks Argentina. In the interim, I will continue to post about topics in travel to the Southern Cone countries, and may even have another quiz (with a slightly more difficult question).

No comments:

Custom Search